Well, well, well… The day has come that I cannot rely on my tech savvy little sister to help me set up my blog since she abandoned me and moved to New Zealand. So this means I will be struggling through this murky process independently.

Though it would be more enjoyable just to leave memes about my “challenges” with technology, I’ll explain a bit my process setting up Word Press. When I first heard we were taking a technology class, I bit my tongue even though I wanted to exclaim “I CAN”T DO THIS”. I have a hard enough time turning on my tv or backing up my computer, even sharing my screen on zoom, so using multiple platforms for this class (mattermost, wordpress, a class website, and brightspace) seemed daunting.

However, I prevailed and did the next best thing possible a non- tech savvy person can do (besides cry in the corner) and asked my boyfriend to set it up. Some background information… he is a gaming, economic loving, anime king, so my anxiety about not knowing how to set up a “simple” Word Press account puzzled him. Instead of just setting all this up for me, which I would have loved!!!!! He decided to make me take the high road and set it up semi-independently with his help.

In short, yes technology can be daunting and feel inaccessible to folks for diverse reasons (learning disabilities, accessibility to technology, etc….), it can be done! Even though it is nice to rely on people to help us non-tech savvy people, I will be taking a pledge to stop this negative self-talk/proclaimed non-tech person identity and dive into the world of technology.

All the best,

Jade